Divorce and Spousal Support in Pennsylvania

If you are facing a divorce, you may be wondering what type of financial assistance you might qualify for. The answer to this question is dependent on whether you have children, your marital status, and the amount of money that you make. It is also possible to be denied support in some cases, such as if you and your spouse are unable to live together.

In some cases, your lawyer can help you determine what the particular place and circumstance of your divorce will require. This could be additional financial aid to help with some of the payments, or it could simply be some reimbursement for the expenses incurred while you were married. Regardless, of the actual monetary situation, the best advice is to check with an attorney first.

In most cases, your financial situation will be one of the first things that your lawyer will discuss with you. If you and your spouse cannot come to an agreement on how to divide the assets that you each own, the Divorce Lawyer will advise you on what type of financial aid you might be eligible for. You may be required to pay a portion of what you own. Or, you may be able to receive full support from the State.

If you and your spouse cannot agree on the financial aspect of your divorce, your divorce lawyer will help you decide how best to proceed with your finances. In some cases, the divorce lawyer may help you arrange joint accounts and credit cards for both of you.

If you decide to file for divorce, you will need the help of family attorney that specialize in divorce will file the necessary paperwork in your county and obtain the appropriate forms. On that same day, you will be required to get a certified copy of the divorce decree, the written Order of Distribution, and the final Judgment of Divorce. Then, your divorce lawyer will go over all of this with you and explain your options.

In many instances, you may be able to receive additional financial aid from the State, depending on how much support you need. You may be able to receive up to three hundred dollars per month to cover living expenses, depending on your marital status. In addition, you may also be able to request a small monthly alimony payment to be paid to your spouse to help provide for some of the additional expenses that you are experiencing while you are still living together.